November 2, 2007

Geometry (not) remembered...

Just some notes about the bins for my own reference:

Bin in the valley ~= 9940 bu
94' circumference
15' radius
17.5' height(actual is 18.5, subtract for ventilated floor)

Main Bin on farm ~= 11364 bu
94' circumference
15' radius
20' height (actual is 21', but have to subtract for ventilated floor)

Overflow bin farm ~= 3273 bu
56.5' circumference
9' radius
16' height
(cone to within 1' of roof ~=543 bu

radius of a circle = (c/pi)/2
volume of a cylinder = (pi*r^2)*h
1 cubic foot = 0.803569313 bushel ... or
1 bushel = 1.244456083 cubic feet.

...

2 comments:

The Dancing Page said...

An odd kind of poetry, but poetry nonetheless.

The Farm & Wandering Thoughts said...

I had not thought of it that way... I wonder what form it would be considered?

About Me

This is a blog without a particular reason other than occasionally I need to "thought dump". The second half of the title implies this. The first half refers to a place that I have loved since I recall having memories. The Farm. The place where my father was born, and his father. The Farm has recently come to my brother and me, and has been the seed of many ideas and reflections.