September 25, 2007

The Streams of Grant Co.

Grant County is a place of little streams. They wander down steep hills, across brown sandstone, under trees and bushes. It seems that between every rise there is a little stream, connecting one piece of land to another.

The culture in my little section of Grant County reminds me of these little streams. It winds through the individuals and families providing continuity, a path of common exchange. So small and unassuming, yet it is a vein of life-giving sustenance. Connectedness.

1 comment:

The Dancing Page said...

In this world of cars and freeways, cubicles and iPods, we forget that humans are tribal. Our survival has depended on the interconnectedness of one to another. My attachment to the land is one of few ways I can remember that not only am I connected to my family and friends but that I have a history that grounds me, and like a stream, a future that leads me on.

About Me

This is a blog without a particular reason other than occasionally I need to "thought dump". The second half of the title implies this. The first half refers to a place that I have loved since I recall having memories. The Farm. The place where my father was born, and his father. The Farm has recently come to my brother and me, and has been the seed of many ideas and reflections.